A Colonial Forge Student Media Publication

Colonial Forge High School - 550 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Guy’s View On Taylor Swift

In my lifetime, which hasn’t been that long, I haven’t heard of a girl that is so “thirsty” as Taylor Swift. When she first hit the music scene she was praised for her honesty and humbleness in her music but I thought to myself “Who is this blonde looking asian chick? Get her off my tv. She looks hungry, someone get her something to eat.”

When I think of Taylor Swift I imagine whiny, dramatic, and attention seeking girl. Her whole music is based on high school memories, teenage romances, and failed relationships.  Every boyfriend she has had she has written a song about it. You can’t even touch the girl because she’ll write a song about that. It makes me wonder if she is the problem in her relationships? She should write a song about it. Sike. No one cares or would like to hear it (except for the zit popping, puberty stricken 15 year old girls.) Whenever people hear that I don’t like Taylor Swift usually the reaction I get are things like “Are you serious! Why don’t you like her? You’re so mean! She’s a sweetheart!”  Well, ladies and gentlemen, you can sugarcoat her all you want but I think everyone agrees with me that she sucks.

Let’s start on Taylor Swift’s song writing….let’s see what would she pick…okay guys of course. Now she has to decide if she loves him or hates him…okay she loves him, sweet genius I like where this is going. Alright, what rhymes with “yes”… “princess” ? GOLD! YES, I LIKE HOW THIS SONG IS TURNING OUT! Number 1 hit right here! Another reason for her lameness is that she thinks she can act just because she had a little scene in “Valentine’s Day”. I understand that every singer uses their fame to dance their way into Hollywood. In some cases it turns out in their favor but for Taylor Swift….nooooooo. If she were a Pokemon she would hurt herself in confusion. When she’s performing she gets soooooo into her music that she gets really excited and grabs the mic, waves her head all over the place trying to swish her hair all over the place but in her attempt to look like a rock star it instead turns into a headless chicken dance.

At the end of the day I just don’t like Taylor Swift. The only talent that she has is that she can play the guitar. This generation is slowly losing touch to what real talent is and shows like Mtv and Vh1 promote whiny, self pity crap we call “music”. Yeah it’s so “hard” to muster up cheesy cliche lyrics and autotune songs to death. Her music just equals hell to my ears. So ladies just some advice, keep believing all that Prince Charming ish and keep thinking like Taylor Swift and you’ll most likely end up an old maid/cat lady/forever alone.