A Colonial Forge Student Media Publication

Colonial Forge High School - 550 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Teacher Spotlight: Mr Salley

Students and faculty members in the drama department have probably noticed one of the newest teachers at Colonial Forge, this teacher is Mr. Marcus Salley.

Mr. Salley now teaches theater arts and technical theater for 1st, 3rd, and 4th block on both days. Not only is this his first year teaching at Forge, but this is also his first year teaching. Although he was not officially considered a teacher, he does have experience in teaching at various schools and as a teaching artist while on tour with the theater company, the National Players.

The National Players, which is the longest running touring company in America, is who Mr. Salley spent most of his time with before he arrived here. While with the National Players, he has performed in New Orleans, at the Orpheum in Memphis, and at St. Meinrads in Indiana. He worked as an actor, a  stage manager, he worked with light and crew, and was also the truck driver.

The plays he has performed include “Taming of the Shrew,” and “Of Mice and Men.” He also said that he has performed nearly half of Shakespeare’s works.

He graduated from Stafford High School and came back to Stafford because he wanted to teach before getting too serious about his acting career.

Some of his hobbies are reading, writing, singing, playing video games, and watching movies. He said, “I am fitting in pretty well with the staff and it is also fun to teach with a lot of teachers that taught me in middle school and high school.”

Another interesting note about Mr. Salley is that he is directing the fall play here at Forge titled: Dearly Beloved. The play premieres on November 8th, 9th, and 10th.