A Colonial Forge Student Media Publication

Colonial Forge High School - 550 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Financing Recquired for Underclassmen

Things this year are a little different for our Freshman, Sophomores, and every class following them. Financing is something very important that we are all going to have to learn soon enough. The State and School board believe that younger people should be required to learn everything in the field of financing.

“Every class after 2015 must take the Financing class with Mrs. Ingram or Mr. Swink, it’s necessary to take so you can graduate with an advanced diploma,” Said Mr. Kline.

“This class is very beneficial so they can learn about economic standards, and all younger students should learn how to handle any kind of money at a younger age,” Says Mr. Kline about the objective of the class.

Mr. Swink’s class has the intention of teaching students how to make financial decisions about career choices, budgeting, banking, insurance, taxes, and preparing his students for career success. Some of the students in this class don’t mind that it’s a mandatory class.

“It’s a very good class because it’s actual skills we will be able to use when we grow up.” says Eric Oeiozier, one of the sophomores in Mr. Swinks 2X class.

Phillip Ghanson (‘15)  believes “It’s very good because it’s informative for me.” Taxes seems to be something the students learn a lot about.

“I know that this class will really help me with taxes because I’m learning a lot of things already.” Eric says.

Since this class takes an elective away from the Freshman and Sophomores, you would think that the students would be upset about this, but Ghanson and Oeiozier do not mind.

Oeiozier even says, “I don’t mind because I don’t like many of  the other electives, I’d rather have something I’ll be able to use later on.”