Meeting Introduction

May 15, 2023

Dr. Pamela Yeung, Chairman of the board and supervisor of the Garrisonville District, began with brief remarks on the National Crime Victims Rights Week, Molly Gill awards program, a recognition of the foster families in Stafford County that foster children as May is Foster Care month, mothers day, and other miscellaneous remarks.

Pullquote Photo

I want to thank the three of you for your selfless actions that prevented a tragedy here in Stafford County and how well you have represented the Marine Corps, a valued community member.

— Dr. Pamela Yeung

The board also honored and met virtually with Marines Cpl. John Darby, Cpl. Bradley Feldkamp, and LCpl. Nicholas Dural, who prevented a stabbing attack in a Stafford County Chick-Fil-A in April. The Marines were in Stafford at the time stationed at Quantico for embassy guard training, all three are currently in Africa in the nations of Nigeria and the Republic of the Congo.

“I want to thank the three of you for your selfless actions that prevented a tragedy here in Stafford County and how well you have represented the Marine Corps, a valued community member.” Dr. Pamela Yeung said.