Request for Zoning Reclassification

May 15, 2023

A request for zoning reclassification of a 4.98 acre parcel of land in the Falmouth district from zone B-3 to zone B-2 was the next issue, and also introduce a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) to allow this rezoning into B-2.

The request for the rezoning from B-3 to B-2 was brought about as the requested zone provides more opportunities in development, as the developer claims.

Zoning map change requested during the board meeting. (Stafford County)

The change in zone for the project would be subject to some restrictions however. The property on average should not exceed 1,000 vehicle trips per day, will have no more than two entrances connecting to Richmond Highway, the southern entrance would be only allotted to utility access and delivery, and also create eighty feet of right of way as to not impede traffic.

The request specifically involves the development of one hotel, with a maximum of 35 rooms. Conditions of the project also include a ban on over thirty day rentals for the project, and other miscellaneous conditions as to not disrupt other property views.

The board focused on the issues involved with the zones laying on a flood plain, and started a motion to defer the request so more information could be investigated to make the decision.

The final vote on the subject was 7-0 for a deferral of the request.