Broaden Your Lens

Gaby Christian, Photo Editor

There are thousands of people who make a living by creating photos in their own unique way with editing and alternating their camera settings. Some of them have the opportunities to work with popular companies and have their photography exposed to more people.

NYC-based photographer, Brandon Woelful, creates eye-catching photos by incorporating elements such as water, string lights, glitter, and bubbles. He edits the lights to look bigger and makes his photos appear brighter by increasing the saturation in certain areas, particularly with lights. Woelful has been featured in several magazines such as the Local Wolves and he has worked with companies such as Urban Outfitters. You can find Woelful’s photos on Instagram and on Twitter as well as his website

Senior and wedding photographer, Hope Taylor, is a self taught photographer based in Fredericksburg. She started her business after her junior year of high school. Now seven years later she is a successful business owner and photographer. You can find Hope Taylor’s photos on her website or on her Instagram and Twitter. 

Northern Virginia based photographer, Angelika Johns, focuses on senior, couple, and wedding photography. She has been passionate about photography ever since she was in middle school. You can find Johns photography on her website as well as on her Instagram

Nathaniel Gerdes specializes in not only portraits but also lifestyle and fashion photography, silhouettes, landscapes, couples, brands, graduation, and his own creative shoots. He studied graphic design at the Art Institute in San Francisco but then decided to try photography in efforts to understand and see more of the world. Ever since starting, he has become extremely successful, working with Avant Photo Magazine and many more as well as written his own book The Guide to Greatness. You can find Gerdes’s photos on his website  as well as his Instagram

Los Angeles based photographer, Derrick Freske, specializes in portrait, commercial, and lifestyle photography. He has become very popular on social media for his photography. Since starting, Freske has worked with companies such as Aeropostale, Bare Minerals, Chevy, GAP, TIME, and many more. You can find Freske’s photos on his website as well as his Instagram and his Twitter.

Creative and fine art photographer Bryan Adam Castillo is based in Arizona. He strives to create images that bring people emotions. You can find and buy his photos on his website and on his Instagram as well as his Twitter