A Colonial Forge Student Media Publication

Colonial Forge High School - 550 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Student Statistics in Forge

Rumor has it that the Freshman class is overcrowded and blocking the halls, but it turns out that it’s the Senior class causing all the commotion.

As of September 20th, the freshman class has 514 students, and the senior class has 522 students. The halls may look like they are jam-packed with Freshmen, but that’s only because “Last years class of freshman was down a bit,” according to Mr. Byers, principal at Colonial Forge.

The other rumor about the lack of textbooks in many core classes is true, however,  Mr. Byers said that any class that was short of textbooks should have their problem resolved by now and that book adoptions were made by Mrs. Mays for those classes lacking books.

Finally, the rumor about classes lacking desks is false. Classes may not have enough desks for the amount of students, but Byers stated “We have plenty of extra desks, all they have to do is ask.”

With Forge’s recommended capacity of 1850 students, but the current enrollment is 2015, plus teachers and staff.

Even with these statistics, Mr. Byers said that the first week of school was “the smoothest opening i’ve ever been a part of in eighteen years, mainly because all of the staff and students seemed to get along well and there was no drama.”

There  are no plans for a new school in Stafford County to Mr. Byers knowledge, but if the number of students keep increasing, the school district may want to make that one of their top priorities.