Spring Overview 2022

Arlie Munday, Writer

April 23: Prom

The classic high school dance will be held at the Fredericksburg Expo Center. Juniors and Seniors will be able to enter for free, but if they wish to bring a guest who is not a Colonial Forge Junior or senior, then that guest has to fill out a guest form. The guest must hand in the form (which can be found here) to Ms. Keenan in room 207, and the deadline for this is April 14. Guest tickets will cost 25$, and can be bought now using the online payment portal. Additionally, all guests are required to bring a photo ID to be allowed entry into the prom. 

April 28-30: Spring Play

On April 28th, 29th, and 30th, Forge Drama will present Spongebob the Musical. There will be a total of four performances. These performances will take place at 7:00 pm on each day, and there is also a sensory friendly performance that will occur at 1:00 pm on the 30th. The musical will be performed with a live band, and the ticket price will cost 10$ per person. You will be able to experience Spongebob on the stage in the auditorium with 20 songs. 

May 3: Band Concert

The Band’s spring concert is planned to take place in the auditorium, for no fee, at 7:00pm. Almost all of the bands will be participating, including Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, and Advanced Percussion Ensemble. They will be performing popular songs from films such as E.T., Star Wars, Mary Poppins, and more.

May 5: Choir Concert

The Choir’s spring concert is planned to occur in the auditorium at 7:00 pm, only two days after the Band Concert. All of the chorus groups are going to be singing, like treble, mens, ladies, show choir, and more. There will be no entry fee to see the concert. 

May 21: Graduation

The final high school event for many seniors will be happening on May 21. This years’ graduation will be held outdoors on the football field, and all family and friends are welcome to come join. Seniors should have gotten their cap and gown on April 11. The official graduation ceremony will take place at exactly 8:00 am.