The World at Your Feet

We Help Two's Online Website

“We found out about this program at the FCCLA Leadership Conference in April. Caitlyn was interested in doing the program, the idea is for us to sell socks with all profits going to purchase a prosthetic leg for someone in a third world country.” the FCCLA sponser, Ms. Kathleen Mellenberg said

Shelby Jaunal, Online Editor

Before the school year had started, Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) started their first fundraiser of the year. Ms. Kathleen Mellenberg and Caitlyn Rogers (‘24) brought We Help Two’s movement into the school. FCCLA, and Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), are all working together to raise money through the socks they are selling. 

When I joined FCCLA, we went to the conference, and there were these tables out. There was this guy selling socks, and he said anybody can make a campaign, so me and Ms. Mellenberg put together our own campaign and are selling the socks to help prosthetic legs for people around the world.” said Caitlyn, the social media officer for FCCLA.

According to the Amputee Coalition, nearly 185,000 amputations occur in the United States alone. We Help Two explains that when someone loses a limb, it not only affects them physically, but emotionally as well. 

But for millions of amputees throughout the developing world, the possibility of taking a single step is just a dream.” We Help Two states. 

A single pair of socks is $5, and a pack of three is $12. You can stop by room 421 to buy your own pair of socks, or you can order online. For every pack of socks sold, We Help Two will donate a pair of socks to help those in need locally. 

They have a wide range of socks starting from a pack of Ugly Christmas socks, to a single pair of Tacosaurus socks, ranging in all different sizes. You can also keep it clean and simple with cushioned ankle socks.

FCCLA and HOSA will need to sell 180 packs of socks, three to a pack, to meet their goal. 

The last day to buy socks is Sept. 30.