A Colonial Forge Student Media Publication

Colonial Forge High School - 550 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The Eagles rally back to beat the Indians

Photo taken by Allie Guerrero

On Monday night,  the Colonial Forge Eagles played the Stafford Indians with a trip to the District championship on the line. 

The Eagles would catch an unlucky break in the top of the 1st where the Indians obtained a base hit, allowing their player to reach first base as.  the runner from second was attempting to score 

Brock Brimhall (‘26) threw a bullet home to catcher Tyler Woodring (‘24) The runner was originally called out which would have ended the inning but an obstruction call by Woodring would lead the runner to score and put the Indians up 1-0. The next pitch would be a base hit and put the Indians up 3-0 after the first inning. 

“I Don’t think it was the right call because there’ve been multiple incidents, pretty much the exact same and previous games in the season, and nothing’s ever been called. And I think there’s been incidents that are worse than that. It’s just never been called before. And I don’t think I was on top of the plate like the umpire said I was” Woodring expressed his thoughts on the call. 

The Eagles would go scoreless through the next 4 innings. 

In the bottom of the 5th, the Eagles would rally for 6 runs putting them up 6-4 heading into the top of the 6th. Woodring would end up bringing in Tyler Garrison (11) on a single. Brock Brimhall, Tyler Woodring, Ayden Mitchell (11), Anthony Diclemente (11), and  Cameron Biller(12) all scored on wild pitches.

Mitchell scored on a sacrifice fly to right field by Micheal Guckian (‘26) to make the score 6-4 after five innings. 

After the sixth run bottom of the fifth inning, the game flew by and next thing you know it was the top of the seventh and the Eagles were three outs away from advancing to the district championship. 

Kyle Guerrero (‘24) got two quick outs but then quickly loaded the bases and the Indians were looking to score. The next batter got a base hit and it was 6-5 Eagles. The game ended with a flyout to left fielder, Brock Brimhall. 

The Colonial Forge Eagles, with a late inning comeback rallied to beat the Stafford Indians 6-5. Micheal Guckian ) pitched 5 innings 4 ER (earned runs) and got the win on the mound while Kyle Guerrero went 2 innings and got the save for the Eagles. 

“ I felt like whenever I was on the mound, I could just help dictate the game. I would hype the boys up in the field. And say like we got this going. We can take care of things. We just keep our flow,” Guckian said. 

The Eagles look to 3-peat as district champions, they will face Mountain View Tuesday night at home.