A Colonial Forge Student Media Publication

Colonial Forge High School - 550 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Austin Crow: One Man Band

Photo credit: Robert Crow

In a small corner in the Guitar Centre’s 2012 Battle of the Blues, a young man holding a guitar hooked up to a few copper shielded Egrator stereos and strummed out a tune that echoed throughout the room. When he finished the song, a small applause and a “Whoop!” came from his audience, he calmly put his guitar away and walked off camera, he later won third place in the contest and put the video on his YouTube channel. His name, was Austin Crow (14)

Austin Crow  is a rockstar who plays four instruments. He plays the guitar, piano, bass, mandolin, and he sings.

Since he’s a senior, Crow has to make a big decision for his future: whether to take a chance and pursue a musical career, or find something else. He has to consider his fans, his future, and his family.

“My family has supported my music from the start,” Crow said, “They have spent so much money, and time on my music career. They come to every gig I have and they are so proud of me.”

Crow is a one man band, not only does he play the music, he also writes it.

“I care about other people more than I care about myself. I write music to tell an emotion I have and to share it with people. I want to express myself, and hopefully inspire someone as the musicians I look up to inspired me, like John Mayer, Dallas Green, and Ed Sheeran,” he said.

Crow has decided not to let down his family, or his listeners.

He said, “When I graduate I plan on going to college for music. Either music performance, or music production. No matter what I do it’s going to be about the music, and my fans who listen to it.”

Crow currently performs on his YouTube channel. He says that people commonly complement his unique style. Crow has used the knowledge his previous guitar lessons gave him in order to learn other instruments.

Although he currently works alone, Crow at one time did play in a band with one of his friends, they called it Home By Midnite. He eventually left because he thought it wasn’t the right path for him.

After he left the band, Crow started doing gigs at local establishments, he played music to a little coffee shop in Stafford called  Bella Cafe, after a little while he decided to sing. He then started playing gigs like the fair, bars, and coffee shops around Virginia. He’s currently doing gigs at  Antonio’s Italian Restaurant.

“I want my listeners to feel a connection with my music and me. I want them to look up to me as a role model, and I want to help them through difficult times with my music.” Crow said.