Best School Study Snacks

Seamus McPherson, Staff Writer

A very common thing that all students participate in is eating while studying for a class. Most of the time it is snacks or foods that are unhealthy or will make you feel like your brain is moving slower than usual.

Here are five snacks that are healthy and will keep you productive while you are studying: 

Eggs

Eggs are easy to make and filled with lots of protein.  You can cook them in so many ways, so they will truly never get old. They don’t take that long to make, usually four to eight minutes, so it won’t take too much time to get them ready before you start your work. 

Yogurt 

Yogurt has been found to have great health benefits if you eat it every day and it’s no different for helping boost productivity. Yogurt has a healthy amount of sugar in it so that when you eat it there is a slight energy boost after. The most beneficial types of yogurt are: Greek yogurt brand, or the Original Gogo Squeeze. 

Berries

One of the healthiest foods in the world since they are low in carbs and high in proteins and vitamins that will help your body defend itself against diseases. Berries are great for studying because they boost your concentration and increase your memory for up to five hours. The best part about it is there is no cooking that needs to be done; you can eat them straight out of the packet. 

Beef Jerky

Beef jerky is a great source of protein that can be consumed in smaller serving sizes, it has all nine types of amino acids ,so it can provide you with long-lasting energy to keep you studying longer. 

Nuts

The last thing on the list is nuts. This can be any type of nuts from cashews, almonds, pistachios, etc. Almonds contain lots of healthy fats that will keep you focused for longer durations. Another snack that takes nothing to cook, and can be eaten straight out of the packet. 

Remember that each person has a different taste on what they like. 

“It has to be something you like, don’t just eat something healthy, because it’s healthy. If you don’t like it at all then you won’t continue eating healthy” said Emmy Lieser, school librarian and dietitian.