A Colonial Forge Student Media Publication

Colonial Forge High School - 550 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Best In The Field

On March 22, the girl’s soccer team took on the Stafford Indians for a great Friday night game. They ended up winning with a score of 8-0 and ended the game early with a mercy rule.

Sadie McIllece (‘25), Kayla Windsor (’25), and Kaitlyn Shell(‘26) all provided the goals with many assists from Carina Llamosa (‘24). Within the first 10 minutes of the game, Kayla scored 2 goals to start the night off strong. Kaitlyn then had her first goal shortly followed by her second, which made the score 0-4 at halftime.

“It was encouraging to be up by 4 goals at half! We know we have a strong team with big potential, so being able to finish our chances and score a lot reinforces that idea,” Sadie McIllece (‘25) said.

Within the first 5 minutes of the second half, Kayla scored her third goal of the night. A few minutes later, Sadie took a PK (penalty kick) and earned Forge their 6th goal, putting them in the lead with plenty of room to play with. She then made her way down the field to score 2 more times.

Nicole and Ella easily controlled the center of the field. The defense held up strong and barely let Stafford run down the field preventing the opposing team from attacking and even attempting to score a goal. The Eagles kept the ball where they needed it throughout the whole game. The subs made a huge difference when they entered the field and kept the game rolling. 

“Our offense controlled the whole game. Stafford didn’t really have any attacking threats so our defense was helpful when we were trying to circulate the ball and find gaps in their midfield. Once they passed it off to the midfield or forwards, then the goal-scoring was just up to the creativity of our offense,” Ella Fulmer (‘25) said.

Overall, this team works great together. They have great communication and trust in everyone on the field with them. They came out on top working as a team and allowing everyone to play. The game ended in another well-earned forge win. They will take on Massaponax at home today March 26. Don’t miss it! 

“I think this season will be great for the soccer team. We are off to an amazing start, and we play as a team very well,” Zoey Martin (‘24) said.