A Colonial Forge Student Media Publication

Colonial Forge High School - 550 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The Eagles Take On The Vikings

Kat Halepaska
Eagles fly over the Vikings in their own territory leading to a touchdown

The Eagles officially kicked off their season with a lightning delay and a whole lot of rain but with over 1,000 people in attendance, Forge Football was finally back.

The Woodbridge Vikings took a trip down south to Forge on Friday, August 25th, for the first game of the season. Despite the late start due to a lightning delay and wet conditions on the field, the Eagles dominated the Vikings 48-22, grabbing the first win of the official season. 

The team has a much different look this season, but they aren’t letting that bother them. A major part of the team’s success last season was the class of 2023, but the team is focused on them, and them only. 

“We have a lot less depth but overall we are better as a group and more unified,” said lineman Jake Mangano (‘25).

The game was not an easy start for either of the teams thanks to the lightning delay and the on-and-off rain. But the weather did not stop the Eagles from soaring, per usual. 

Ethen Horne and Josiah Bryson stood out as major playmakers and scorers for the Eagles, scoring five out of Forge’s six touchdowns of the night. 

The Eagles were first to get on the board, after a forced turnover, with running back Josiah Bryson’s (‘25) explosive touchdown. 

“It hyped up the team and gave us good energy for starting the game,” Bryson said.

At the end of the first half, wide receiver Ethen Horne (‘24) made it into the endzone scoring a touchdown, which was just the first of his three touchdowns of the night.

After a Woodbridge touchdown, the Eagles responded with another touchdown from Josiah Bryson, once again.

Ethen Horne scored Forge’s next two touchdowns adding to his TD collection of the night. 

Running back, Jaevyn “JP” Patterson (‘24), scored Forge’s last touchdown of the night, sealing the win. 

Although a productive game for the offense, the win could not have been possible without the defense. 

Jake Mangano (‘25) finished with four tackles, three quarterback pressures, one fumble recovery, and six pancakes.

Caleb McDonald had 3 three tackles and one forced fumble as well as one sack.

The Eagles will face the Alexandria City Titans on Thursday, August 30.