A Colonial Forge Student Media Publication

Colonial Forge High School - 550 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

On The Town

The lights flashed bright hues of purple, blue, and yellow as the speakers blared and the audience screamed. Band of Horses had their last concert of 2012 on Saturday, December fifteenth at the National in Richmond. The band enjoyed themselves playing original tracks from their first non-EP album, Everything All the Time (2006), all the way to playing one or two songs from their newest album, Mirage Rock (2012) and everything in between. The audience sang along as the band rocked on to “The Funeral” and “No One’s Gonna Love You,” the two songs that started their fame. After two and a half hours of the concert, the five sauntered back out on stage and put on one heck of an encore after much encouragement from the crowd. “Only for you guys; you’re my favorites. Last one of the year, let’s make this a (explicit) show!,” said main vocalist and guitarist Ben Bridwell as the band got situated to go on and play another five songs. Tyler Ramsey, the band’s guitarist as of 2007, stood tall (literally, at 6”3) next to his pals Ben, Creighton, and Bill while Ryan Monroe showed the audience what he could do with a drum set. The show was a success and the band ended 2012 on good terms, to say the least.