A Colonial Forge Student Media Publication

Colonial Forge High School - 550 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Student Spotlight: Jessie Bisco (’14)

Many people find it hard to play as little as one instrument. However, Jessie Bisco (‘14) does not have that problem. Bisco can play six instruments, including the piano, drums, ukulele, and the guitar, both acoustic and electric. “I started playing the piano first, when I was in second or third grade,” says Bisco.

Since she started playing, she’s had four piano teachers. Her dad was the one who taught her how to play “Three basic chords for Guitar” and since then, she has taught herself how to play different songs.

“For piano, I kind of improvise, but to a song thats already been made. I like Adele songs, but just because of the piano, thats all. For guitar, any genre of music sounds so much better on the guitar. In my opinion, it sounds more soothing and relaxing.”

Jessie can definitely see herself playing music in the future, however, she says, “I doubt it will be a profession for me, probably more like a hobby.”

The majority of the time, Jessie can be found playing her music in the music room in the basement in her house, or in her bedroom.  She also plays music at her church on special occasions.

“Playing the Piano is definitely a family thing,” says Bisco. “My dad taught my sisters how to play music at a young age as well.”

“My dad inspired my sister to play and my sister inspired me to play.” The ability to play music is a big part of the Bisco household.

“If I hear someone play better than me, it’s my motivation to play better,” says Bisco.