A Colonial Forge Student Media Publication

Colonial Forge High School - 550 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The 9 Best Thanksgiving Dishes

Turkey

Turkey is always a fan favorite on everyone’s plates: the most iconic Thanksgiving dish ever to be seen. Turkey is just always that classic food that everyone will want and still eat days, even weeks after Thanksgiving.

Mashed Potatoes 

Mashed potatoes is a good option, as it could be mixed in with pretty much anything. If you aren’t mixing your mashed potatoes with any foods, you may need to rethink what you put on your plate. When mashed potatoes is mixed with any meat or corn, it will dominate every time.

Apple Pie

The number one rule on Thanksgiving is that you have to get apple pie, as it is by far the best Thanksgiving dessert out there. The crust on the pie gives it a crispy taste, but shouldn’t overflow the pie with apples because it could end up with a soggy crust and then your pie is ruined.  Along with the pie, the toppings could go all the way from a scoop of butter to ice cream with a side of Cool Whip. 

Macaroni and Cheese

Macaroni and cheese provides the opportunity to try a new dish on Thanksgiving other than the normal stuffing, turkey, and mashed potatoes.

Stuffing 

Stuffing is a classic dish that is at almost every traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

Sweet Potato Casserole

Sweet potato casserole is a great lower tier option that you can put on your plate and still have some satisfaction when eating it. Sweet potato casserole can be even better if you add some marshmallows as it is the perfect combination. You get the sweet taste of the potatoes, then get the soft bite of the marshmallows. You can even go as far adding this on top of a slice of apple pie.

Cornbread 

Cornbread is good. Cornbread actually has some taste to it. It’s not too bland and has a good taste of sweetness.

Pumpkin Pie 

Pumpkin pie is not bad.

Rolls 

Rolls aren’t a bad option, but on a holiday where it is popularized for many unique dishes, rolls are just too basic.